Thursday 26 February 2015

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND THE JOYS OF STAMPING!

Ever since I started stamping it has kind of been a massive pain. It would take me FOREVER to get simple designs correct. And up until now I always thought it was MY fault. Well guess what? It wasn't! It was all my stampers fault! I had one of those double ended pink and green ones, with the rubber stamper. I couldn't do full nail designs because the stamper physically couldn't stamp over my whole nail as my nails were too long and it was too hard to easily squish around it. But thanks to Robyn I now have a squishy stamper! It's like night and day. For the first time I was able to do full nail designs! Not only that but I was able to do it on the first try. I didn't even have luck like that with smaller designs on the bad stamper! I have seen the stamping light, and it is beautiful! All hail Robyn!

So today I have the A-Z Challenge. Last week I didn't do it, but not because I forgot. I actually took photos, wrote a post and then ditched it when I saw the photos. The nail art was garbage, and it wasn't my fault(This post should just be called "Don't blame me for my sub-par art"). It was just a bad product. Maybe one day I will post it.

Anyways for today the letter was P for Pale. I thought this would be a great chance to use one of my pale polishes. I have maybe 7 pale polishes so I decided to use what I think was my only untried. Sally Hansen Piqué Side(I have had this polish for months and I just got the name. Pick a Side. French Fail). The polish was a pale pistachio green with gold shimmer, and the formula was ok. Nothing really bad about it, but it didn't blow me away. I needed two coats for full opacity. Overall I loved this colour and it will be great for spring! For the stamping I used Sinful Colors Gold Medal, which I have used before for stamping, but with my new stamper it was sooooooo much easier to work with! Then I added some studs from the Born Pretty Store to just complete the look.

All in all I am pleased with this, and I can't wait to do more stamping!






Check out more from the A-Z Challenge!



11 comments:

  1. Cute nails! & Good job on stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's about time you figured out how awesome stamping is. I need to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply gorgeous, like in really, really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the nails! Green and gold are always such a good combo. I'm glad you saw the stamping light because stamping is great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaay for getting onto the stamping team! This is beautiful - stamping it definitely one of those things where you have to figure out what is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything about this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that is such a beautiful manicure! I love the gold filigree/floral swirls over the green. You are right, the stamper makes all the world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...