Wednesday 5 June 2013

Literary Lacquers Carrots Carrots and Lake of Shining Waters: Warning! Very Canadian Post!

One of my earliest memories is actually Anne of Green Gables related!  My mum took me to see Anne of Green Gables The Musical when I was 5 and after the show I told I thought Gilbert was very attractive.  She then waited until the guy who played him came out and told him I found him attractive.  This is why I don't talk to her about men anymore.  Seriously.

So back to the polish! This Literary Lacquers collection based off of Anne of Green Gables(but if you have been reading this post you already knew that).  Written by Lucy Maud Montgomery it is about the adventures of  Anne Shirley a young orphan girl mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who have a farm on Prince Edward Island and who had intended to adopt a boy to help them. There's actually five sequels following the first book written by Ms Montgomery they follow Anne from childhood(Aged 11) till adulthood(aged 40).

First I have Lake of Shining Waters.  This is what Anne decided to call Berry's Lake when she refused to call it that.  Lake of Shining Waters is a teal linear holo.  Like all of the holos from Literary Lacquers application was flawless in 2 coats, and it dried super fast.  Sorry about the lack of sun photos the sun wont be out for a couple days but I still wanted to show at least one of the holos(Yes there's more that I'll hopefully be able to show you with some sun).  But even though you can only see a tiny bit of holo it is very clear that even when the holo isn't out in full force the colour itself stands on its own.





Next up is Carrots Carrots.  Carrots is what Gilbert Blythe, a classmate(who goes on to be much more) call's her to get her attention.  I should add she has red hair just so you don't think he's some boy that calls people vegetables.  The polish is a creamy orange base and it's full of medium white matte glitter, and small, medium and large carrot coloured glitter.  I used 3 easy coats for full opacity.  And despite the 3 coats the glitter was never drowned out.  The layers gave the polish depth.  While I like the colour I'm not sure it works great in my skin(I have a complicated relationship with orange).  BUT for those of you who can rock this colour this glitter in a soft base look is very on trend.



If you would like to snag these go over to Literary Lacquers Etsy page.  Full size bottles sell for $10.63 Canadian!  I can't wait to show you the rest!  Fingers crossed the sun comes out!

*Product was sent for honest review.

BTW I hope this post touched everyone on a personal level!  So personal it embedded itself your soul.

8 comments:

  1. I love your literary references and their colors! They also go great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teal is such a gorgeous color, and the holo looks fantastic! Need to re-read some Anne of Green Gables now. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That holo is amazing. I love the teal - it totally makes my day when a holo doesn't need sun to look cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL "Very Canadian post" - - I looked anyhow and almost survived the awesomeness of that holo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning holo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I loved Anne of Green Gables as a kid, and I've read all the books. You're totally reminding to go back and re-read them again. :) The polishes are really pretty, especially the first one. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of them, although also I have a complicated relationship with orange :-) Let's say that Lake of Shining Waters is the one I would gladly steal from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...